With the 3A boys’ basketball post-season about a month away, Colorado Preps begins the process of making predictions on which teams will advance. The first edition deals with the automatic district qualifiers from each tournament. Only the top two teams earn automatic berths to the 32-team state tournament with the remaining qualifiers selected by RPI. District champions earn the right to host the first two rounds of the state tournament if they finish in the top 16 of RPI.
Here are the selections for the two automatic qualifiers from each district tournament. They are not listed in any particular order.
- Intermountain: Alamosa, Centauri
- Metro: Lutheran, Faith Christian
- Patriot: Resurrection Christian, Sterling
- Tri Peaks: Vanguard, Manitou Springs
- Western Slope: Gunnison, Coal Ridge
- Confluence: DSST-Byers, DSST-Green Valley
- Frontier: Sheridan, DSST-Montview