Entering week nine, every conference championship in Class 5A remains up for grabs although five teams have the ability to wrap up crowns with wins this week regardless of what else happens.Â Hereâ€™s a quick breakdown of each race heading into week nine.Â League champions earn automatic bids to the playoffs and most stand a good chance to landing a first round bye once there.
- Fairview clinches league championship by beating Poudre this week
- If that happens, then Legacy can clinch second wit ha win over Fossil Ridge
- Smoky Hill (7-0) can clinch championship by beating Mountain Range if Westminster also falls to Rangeview
- If both teams win, then the Buffs game with Westminster in the final week will help determine spots one through three
- Cherry Creek (3-0) can clinch the championship by beating Cherokee Trail if Grandview also falls to Overland
- If both teams win this week, then their head-to-head matchup in week ten will decided spots one through three provided Eaglecrest also beats Arapahoe
- Valor Christian clinches the league championship by beating ThunderRidge â€“ both teams are 3-0
- ThunderRidge can clinch the league title with a win if Castle View also loses to Rock Canyon
- If Valor Christian and Castle View both, then the Week 10 battle between Castle View & ThunderRidge will determine second and third.
- Columbine clinches the league championship with a win over Pomona this week
- Pomona clinches the league championship with a win if Ralston Valley also loses to Lakewood
- If Columbine and Ralston Valley win this week, then the week 10 clash between Pomona-Ralston decides second and third.
- Regis clinches league championship with a win over Fountain Fort Carson
- Fountain Fort Carson clinches league title with a win if Legend also beats Doherty
- If Regis and Doherty win this week, then the week 10 battle between Doherty-Fountain Fort Carson determines second and third.