All five classes of girls basketball are in post season action tonight as teams work through either district or early state tournament brackets. Colorado Preps will track scores and update brackets throughout the night and update here how the results change the brackets. Check back on a regular basis as we update the story as games go final.
Final scores can be sent to Colorado Preps by text to 970.380.7737. Please let us know if the game is boys or girls.
- District 2: McClave has a first round bye but will face Cheraw in the semifinals as the Wolverines beat Granada 51-32 today. A second quarterfinal went to Cheyenne Wells as they downed Wiley by 17. That winner gets either Kit Carson or Eads in the semifinals. Kit Carson survives Eads 37-35 so the semifinals are now set for Thursday. McClave vs Cheraw and Cheyenne Wells vs Kit Carson
- District 3: Kim/Branson’s 59-4 blowout of Manzanola finalizes the semifinal pairings for Thursday. The Mustangs challenge #2 Springfield at 4:30pm with the late game at 7:30pm between #1 South Baca and #4 La Veta. Winners earn automatic bids to the regional tournament.
- District 4: Chalk through the quarterfinals as the top four seeds are to the semifinals. Briggsdale earned a bye while Fleming, Merino and Haxtun all posted wins on Tuesday. Games on Thursday feature Briggsdale vs Haxtun at 4:00pm and Fleming vs Merino at 7:00pm. Winners reach the finals and earn spots in regionals. Losers square off for third with only the winner moving on to next week.
- District 5: Semifinals are set for Friday at Brush HS. Top seeded Lone Star held off Genoa Hugo and will play #5 Hi Plains at 7:00pm. The Patriots upset #4 Arickaree/Woodlin 44-35. Stratton and Idalia meet in the first semifinal at 4:00pm and they’re seeded second and third. Both won by at least 35 points on Tuesday.
- District 6: Centennial had no trouble in downing Mountain Valley 81-26 as they move into the semifinals against Sierra Grande on Friday. The Panthers advanced without playing as they earned a forfeit win over Lake City earlier today. Antonito scored a mild upset of Cotopaxi in the 4-5 game (34-31). The Trojans are next up for top seeded Sangre De Cristo on Friday.
- District 8: 2nd seeded Rocky Mountain Lutheran has reached the finals and becomes the first 1A club to officially earn a regional tournament berth. They downed Front Range Baptist and will meet Flatirons Academy who blitzed Denver Waldorf 64-7. The district bracket involves only four teams as the rest are down with COVID or don’t have enough players due to injuries. The top two finishers advance to regionals and will cross bracket with the top two from District 1 in the regional round.
- District 1: The top four seeds are through to the semifinals as #1 Sanford, #2 Sargent, #3 Del Norte and #4 Monte Vista all posted wins on Tuesday night. Coming up Thursday are semifinal pairings between Sanford-Monte Vista at 3:00pm and then Sargent-Del Norte at 6:00pm. Those games are at Adams State University.
- District 2: After top seeded Holyoke, seeds mean little in this bracket and results from the quarterfinals prove that statement. #6 Wiggins upset #3 Sedgwick County 48-46 and #7 Burlington got by #2 Yuma 54-50. #4 Wray survived but battled past #5 Akron 69-59. Semifinals are set for Friday in Sterling between Holyoke-Wray and Wiggins-Burlington. Sedgwick County, Yuma and Akron all remain in strong position to win wildcard bids to the regional tournament and if Burlington takes out Wiggins on Friday, we could see all seven teams in the bracket get into the regional round due to strength in RPI.
- District 3: Weather has created a chance in the early tournament bracket. Olathe and Telluride were scheduled to play tonight but that game has been pushed back to Thursday. Now the winner will have to turn around and play on Friday against top seeded Cedaredge. One game played tonight saw Ignacio roll past Dolores 50-15. The Bobcats now challenge top seeded Cedaredge in the Friday semifinals. Mancos is the two seed and is also through to the semifinals due to a first round bye.
- District 5: Soroco with a first round bye and Meeker with a 64-44 win over West Grand are the first two teams into the semifinals. The Rams and Cowboys are opposite in the bracket and will find out semifinal opponents later in the evening.
- District 6: Hoehne is the first semifinalist as they beat Rocky Ford 60-24 tonight. The Farmers next play on Thursday against Swink who fought past Crowley County 41-24. No surprise that Rye is through the semifinals as they won every conference game by at least 34 points. They added another one to the list with a 69-30 win over Las Animas. The Thunderbolts meet Holly in the semifinals as the Wildcats nipped Fowler 60-57.
- District 7: Gilpin County took out Dawson 44-12 as the third seeded Tigers advanced to the semifinals. They will meet either Dayspring Christian or Loveland Classical there. Heritage Christian is the top seed in the tournament.
- West Slope: One half of the district semifinals is set as Grand Valley and Moffat County both picked up wins. Moffat County is the two seed and bested Basalt 44-31 while Grand Valley, seeded third, easily moved past Gunnison 87-32. Delta is the league champion and earned the top seed. The Panthers downed Roaring Fork 65-11 in the quarterfinals. North Park is the only lower seed to advance as the #5 Miners upset #4 Coal Ridge 41-32. North Fork faces Delta on Friday.
- Tri Peaks: Vanguard is the top tournament seed and they made quick work of Salida tonight; beating the Spartans 57-24. That pushes the Coursers into the semifinals on Friday at Florence HS. Lamar will be their opponent as they scored a mild upset of #4 Ellicott 56-46. St Mary’s also won a tight in-city battle with Manitou Springs 54-45. That moves the #2 Pirates into the semifinals against either CS Christian or Buena Vista.
- Metro: Prospect Ridge scores a berth in the semifinals by beating Colorado Academy 52-37. Jefferson Academy is a second lower seed to gain a win as they upset #3 Kent Denver 40-33. Skyview Academy is seeded second and they moved past St Mary’s Academy 54-32. All teams are chasing top seeded Lutheran who went through the league schedule without a loss.
- Frontier: Lopsided results ruled the night as Academy, Denver West, Bennett and Arrupe Jesuit all won by at least 22 points and three of the games were decided by at least 40. The winners are the top four seeds in the bracket and will pair up in the semifinals on Thursday. Denver West faces Bennett at 6:00pm and then Academy takes on Arrupe Jesuit at 7:30pm. Those games are at Pinnacle HS.
- Intermountain: Montezuma Cortez wins the pigtail battle with Bayfield 51-23 and will meet Centauri in the semifinals on Friday. Pagosa Springs and Alamosa battle on the other side of the bracket.
- Region 1 winners on Tuesday were Riverdale Ridge, Durango, Summit and Montrose. Riverdale Ridge was the lone lower seed to score a victory as they edged #32 Evergreen 48-37. Next up for the Ravens is a tall order as they meet #1 Windsor. Other Friday matchups involve Durango at #16 Littleton, Summit at #8 Canon City and Montrose at #9 D’Evelyn.
- Region 3 second round matchups are now finalized. Coronado, Mesa Ridge, Thomas Jefferson and Frederick all picked up wins and advance to Friday. Coronado goes to #2 Mullen; Mesa Ridge heads north to #15 Berthoud while Thomas Jefferson joins them up I-25 to #7 Roosevelt. Frederick goes west to #10 Grand Junction Central in a battle of Warriors.
- Region 1 action is complete for Tuesday with Mountain Vista, Air Academy, Denver South and Arvada West all winning as higher seeds. After home wins tonight, all four take to the road on Friday. Mountain Vista meets defending state champion Valor Christian; Air Academy meets ThunderRidge and Denver South faces #8 Chaparral. A-West meets #9 Regis.
- The second round for Region 2 is now paired up. Legacy beat Ponderosa tonight and will face #4 Monarch on Friday. Eaglecrest downed Douglas County and will meet #13 Fossil Ridge next. Legend and Lakewood also scored wins on Tuesday and the Tigers will challenge #5 Arapahoe and the Titans #12 Columbine on Friday.
- Region 3 had winners in Cherokee Trail, Denver East, Chatfield and Horizon. Next up is the Round of 32 on Friday night. Horizon meets #10 Fruita Monument and Chatfield visits #7 Doherty. Denver East meets #15 Rangeview and #2 Highlands Ranch is a quality opponent for Cherokee Trail.
- Round two of Region 4 is now set as Pueblo West, Pine Creek, Vista Peak and Fountain Fort Carson all won by at least 16 points. Coming up on Friday are games between #3 Grandview-Pueblo West, #14 Fort Collins-Pine Creek, #6 Cherry Creek-Vista Peak and #11 Ralston Valley-Fountain Fort Carson.