Most of the volleyball across Colorado on Thursday night involves non-league contests but there are good pairings as teams make a final push before entering the playoffs. Many clubs will also take part in tournament action on Friday and Saturday.
- Fleming wins the state championship rematch with Merino as they take down the Rams 3-1 on the road. Merino is the defending state champion and outlasted the Wildcats 3-2 in the finals last May.
- Briggsdale with a very good win to close the regular season as the top ranked Falcons downed 2A ranked Dayspring Christian 3-0.
- Sargent recovers from the tough loss to Hoehne earlier in the week sweeping local rival Del Norte 3-0.
- Platte Valley wins the battle of top 10 teams with 2A Wiggins as the Broncos roll the Tigers in three sets.
- Alamosa picks up a very impressive road win as they down #3 Fowler (21) in four sets. For the Grizzlies, it’s just their second loss of the season.
- In one of a few conference matches, Aspen remains tied for second with North Fork in the Western Slope as they downed Grand Valley 3-0. The Skiers and Miners collide on Saturday.
- Resurrection Christian wins the top 10 battle with DSST-Montview 3-1 as the Cougars remain unbeaten on the season. They close the regular season at a tournament hosted by Manitou Springs on Saturday.
- Lamar moved to 22-0 with one of their better wins of the season as they downed 4A Pueblo County 3-1. The Savages can finish off a perfect regular season by beating John Mall on Friday. They’re one of three teams in any class still unbeaten (Rez Christian & Meeker).
- Cheyenne Mountain hosts a high level tournament on Friday and Saturday and got in some prep work in beating in-city rival Coronado 3-0.
- Falcon keeps a share of the CS Metro South title by beating Sand Creek 3-0. The Falcons and Classical Academy are co-champions and both are headed to the regional tournament next week.
- Grandview avenged a regular season loss to Cherry Creek by outlasting the Bruins 3-1 to win the Centennial league tournament title.