Class 1A RPI standings were updated at 9:20pm Saturday night so we have a better idea of how the regional pairings may end up next week.Â These standings are not official and wonâ€™t be made so until Sunday morning but the final numbers will be used to seed regional brackets for next week.Â Committees may move teams to avoid first round pairings of district opponents but otherwise RPI is suggested as the dominant factor.
The West Regional pits the #1 team from District 1 against the #2 team from District 8 and vice versa.Â The games are set for Glenwood Springs next Saturday and winners of both will advance to the state tournament.
The Southeast Regional is set for Friday and Saturday at La Junta High School.Â Winners from Friday advance to finals on Saturday with the three winners from that day moving forward to the state tournament.
The Northeast bracket has the same design with three winners from Saturday qualifying for the state event in Greeley.
Here is a look at the pairings that we project at this point.Â The original numbers are the seed based on RPI with the matchups to follow.
1A West Regional
- Front Range Baptist vs North Park
- DeBeque vs Cornerstone Christian
1A Southeast Regional
- Sierra Grande
- Sangre De Cristo
- Kit Carson
- South Baca
- #4 Sangre De Cristo vs #9 Cheraw â€“ winner plays #3 Sierra Grande
- #5 Kit Carson vs #8 Walsh â€“ winner plays #2 Creede
- #6 South Baca vs #7 McClave â€“ winner plays #1 Holly
NOTE:Â The bracket is very good as simple RPI prevents district opponents from being paired in the first round.
1A Northeast Regional
- Heritage Christian
- Longmont Christian
- Genoa Hugo
- Deer Trail
- #4 Genoa Hugo vs #9 Deer Trail â€“ winner plays #3 Longmont Christian
- #5 Otis vs #8 Elbert â€“ winner plays #2 Peetz
- #6 Arickaree/Woodlin vs #7 Stratton/Liberty â€“ winner plays #1 Heritage Christian
Note:Â Stratton/Liberty and Deer Trail could be flipped in the bracket to avoid district pairings in the opening round.Â Committees often exchange lower seeds but Genoa Hugo could be moved along with Arickaree/Woodlin for the same result.