With February fast approaching, Colorado Preps takes their first shot at selecting which teams will advance from district tournaments in Class 1A. These are projections only and obviously could change as move closer to the post-season.
In Class 1A, the top two teams from Districts 1 and 6 will move on to regionals while the remaining districts each will qualify three. For regionals, districts 1 and 6 square off with the winners of both games advancing to the state tournament. District qualifiers from Districts 4, 5 and 8 will battle over two days to determine three state tournament berths and the same format will be used in region three featuring district qualifiers from districts 2, 3, and 7.
With those details in place, here are our selections. They are not listed in any particular order within the district. We’ll make those predictions a little closer to the end of the regular season.
PROJECTED DISTRICT QUALIFIERS
- District 1: DeBeque, Ouray
- District 2: Kit Carson, Cheyenne Wells, Cheraw
- District 3: Walsh, Kim/Branson, Springfield
- District 4: Briggsdale, Merino, Longmont Christian
- District 5: Idalia, Stratton/Liberty, Haxtun
- District 6: Sangre De Cristo, Cotopaxi
- District 7: Evangelical Christian, Edison, Genoa Hugo
- District 8: Flatirons Academy, Mile High Academy, Denver Waldorf