Entering the final month of the season, conference races and district pairings are starting to take shape in Class 2A boys’ basketball. As a result, we make our first round of predictions concerning which teams will advance into regionals. All districts advance their top four teams with the exception of districts three and five who will send three and five teams respectively. These are projections only and very subject to change before the post-season actually arrives.
For regionals, district champions earn the right to host and will be seeded one through eight based on RPI. Teams 9-24 will then be placed in the bracket followed by clubs at 25-32 in RPI. Those last selections can be moved around for geography and travel purposes.
Selections are not listed in any particular order as we will move to those predictions next month.
PROJECTED DISTRICT QUALIFIERS
- District 1: Sanford, Center, Crested Butte, Del Norte
- District 2: Yuma, Wray, Sedgwick County, Wiggins
- District 3: Ignacio, Mancos, Telluride
- District 4: Limon, Denver Christian, Byers, Burlington
- District 5: Vail Christian, Paonia, Vail Mountain, Plateau Valley, Meeker
- District 6: Fowler, Holly, Crowley County, Hoehne
- District 7: Highland, Heritage Christian, Dayspring Christian, Dawson
- District 8: Peyton, Dolores Huerta, Thomas MacLaren, Calhan