We update the conference races in girls’ basketball as results are reported across the state. A few teams wrapped up league crowns this evening and several held onto their respective leads.
- Shining Mountain kept their hold on second place in the 5280 conference by moving past Front Range Baptist 42-10. The Lions remain one game back of Flatirons Academy following a loss to the Bison last week.
- Merino clinched the top 1A position in the combined 2A/1A Lower Platte conference as they beat Haxtun 38-31.
- Sangre De Cristo remained alone atop the Southern Peaks with a 67-32 win over Sierra Grande. They lead Cotopaxi by one game and have a win over the Pirates.
- Meeker scored a narrow 58-54 win over Soroco to maintain top billing in the 2A/1A Western Slope conference. The Cowboys remain unbeaten and keep their one game lead on second place Hotchkiss. Meeker and Hotchkiss collide tomorrow. It was the second straight loss for Soroco who also fell to Hotchkiss on Tuesday. They now sit three games out of first.
- Telluride moved a step closer to the #2 seed in the District 3 tournament by downing Ridgway 35-25. The win kept the Miners one game up on Dolores in the race for second. Ignacio (7-0) has already clinched the top seed.
- Holyoke clinched the Lower Platte outright championship with their win over Akron on Thursday. The Dragons are now 7-0 in conference play and have a two-game advantage on Yuma, Sedgwick County and Wray. Holyoke has just one league game remaining.
- Lutheran clinched the Metro championship by beating Colorado Academy 58-18. The Lions now need a win over Manual next Tuesday to wrap up a perfect 11-0 run through the conference. Skyview Academy remained tied with Faith Christian in third place after beating Manual 54-29.
- Vanguard kept pace with Manitou Springs for second place in the Tri Peaks with a 66-50 decision at Colorado Springs Christian. The Coursers still have three league games left on the slate including a big battle with Manitou Springs next Tuesday. A win over Salida tomorrow though clinches a top three finish for Vanguard. With just two games remaining, Manitou Springs has already clinched a top three position. They host Florence on Friday.
- Eaton has wrapped a top two finish in the Patriot conference as they moved past Frontier Academy 51-15 on Thursday. The Reds are 9-1 and trail first-place University by one game. the Bulldogs go to Sterling on Friday. Eaton though remains one up on Platte Valley and Brush with wins over both with just one conference game left. They cannot move higher than second unless University loses their final two games. Platte Valley keeps a share of third by beating Valley.
- Academy bounced Jefferson 76-16 to remain alone in first inside the Frontier. The Wildcats also remain unbeaten for the season at 18-0.
- Pueblo West grabbed their 20th win of the season against just one loss and also clinched the South Central crown by beating Pueblo County 57-23. The Cyclones are 8-0 in the conference and have a three game edge three other teams with just two contests remaining.
- Falcon beat Discovery Canyon 58-35 to keep a share of second place with Air Academy in the Pikes Peak. Both teams went into Thursday with three league losses and trailing first-place Sand Creek by three in the title chase.
- The Tri Valley chase remains very tight as Holy Family topped Windsor 74-56 on Thursday. The victory improved the Tigers to 12-2 in conference play and tied with Berthoud and Erie in first place. Windsor fell to 10-5 and was eliminated from the title discussion but will remain in fourth.
- The top three spots in the Colorado 8 are now finalized as Skyview, Weld Central and Riverdale Ridge will finish in that order to close the regular season. Skyview will enter the league tournament as the number one seed based on winning the regular season crown.
- Thompson Valley is the Northern conference champion after beating Northridge 54-47. The teams sit 1-2 in the division but the Eagles win gives them a three-game lead with two league games remaining.
- It stays a three-way tie for the East Metro lead as Vista Peak rolled Prairie View 66-31. The Bison are now 7-1 and tied with Thornton and Rangeview in first.
- ThunderRidge and Mountain Vista now share third place in the Continental. ThunderRidge beat Chaparral 50-45 and Mountain Vista fell to Regis 71-37. The mixed outcomes leave both clubs at 6-2 and two games out of first. Regis and Highlands Ranch continue to top the standings with unbeaten marks.