Boys basketball results from Wednesday continue to come in and we continue to update those scores and how they impact the many league championship races. We will continue to update through the night.
- Denver Waldorf moved to 7-0 and remains in first in the 5280. They lead Denver Jewish Day and Mile High Academy by one game and Flatirons Academy by two. The Spartans have already beaten Denver Jewish Day and Flatirons Academy but close the season against Mile High Academy on the 19th.
- DSST-Montview continues to have their way with Frontier league members. Their 64-56 road win at Bennett kept them two games up on Middle Park. Sheridan and Bennett also shared second place with Sheridan to start the night but the Tigers fell a game back with the loss to DSST-Montview. Sheridan was also upset at Academy 53-49 and they also lost ground.
- Machebeuf outscored Kent Denver 69-63 and remain tied with Manual for third place in the Metro. The Buffs and Thunderbolts are both 6-2 and sit one game back of Faith Christian. Machebeuf and Faith Christian collide on Friday.
- Manitou Springs stayed perfect in the Tri Peaks (9-0) as they continue to share the conference lead with Vanguard (8-0). The Mustangs rolled Ellicott 89-39 on Wednesday and will challenge Vanguard on the 18th. That game will decide the top two district seeds for the district tournament which starts the following Saturday.
- Despite a loss to Widefield earlier this week, Harrison is back atop the CS Metro. The Panthers began the evening tied with Classical Academy and Widefield with two losses apiece. Harrison topped Classical Academy and Widefield was upset by Sierra so the Panthers are now alone in first by one game over the Titans and Gladiators. TCA goes to Widefield on Saturday.
- Golden maintained sole possession of the Jeffco lead by beating Green Mountain 54-44. The Demons improved to 9-1 and continue to lead Wheat Ridge by one game in the loss column. Green Mountain dropped into a third place tie with D’Evelyn (both w/4 losses) as the Jags nipped Littleton 63-62. Wheat Ridge kept pace with Golden by beating Standley Lake 69-33.
- Glenwood Springs kept their two game lead in the Western Slope by beating Rifle 56-39. The Demons are now 8-0 in league play with Steamboat Springs next on the list at 6-2. The Demons visit Steamboat Springs on Saturday and can lock up the crown with a win that night.
- Another night and another surprise in the Centennial where Eaglecrest edged Grandview 49-48. The loss drops the Wolves into second place (9-2) and leaves Cherry Creek (10-1) alone in first as the Bruins moved past Arapahoe. Smoky Hill remains alone in third (8-3) with their win over Mullen.
- The Jeffco chase got a bit more crowded as Valor Christian gave Dakota Ridge their first league loss. Ralston Valley, Columbine and Arvada West also won on Wednesday so all five teams now share first place with one league loss apiece.
- Rangeview cruised by Aurora Central 77-43 to keep their one game edge on Vista Peak and Gateway in the East Metro. The top ranked Raiders also improved to 20-0 on the season.
- Pine Creek kept their two game edge on Doherty in the CS Metro by beating Rampart 82-64.