Fossil Ridge won their first ever state championship in 2016 and returns two key players from the squad in juniors Riley Zuhn and Catie Semadeni.Â Along with several seniors who have since graduated, the two helped the Sabercats to a 26-3 overall record, a share of the Front Range title and a thrilling five set championship win over Mountain Vista.Â They are two of just three all-state players returning to the courts in 2017.
Rock Canyon’s Keeley Davis is the third all-state returnee and among her goals this year is to lead the Jaguars to back-to-back Continental league championships.
Riley Zuhn — Fossil Ridge
- Led Sabercats with 333 kills and a 49.7 kill percentage.
- Was third on the team with 49 aces
- Was second on team in blocks with 51
Keeley Davis — Rock Canyon
- As a junior, led the Jaguars to a perfect 10-0 record in the rugged Continental conference
- Led the team with 421 kills — over 200 more than the next hitter
- Also paced the squad with 43 aces and 73 blocks
Catie Semadini — Fossil Ridge
- Was second on Sabercats with 283 kills while connecting on 43 percent of her attacks.
- Was fourth on the team with 39 aces
- Was fifth on the team in blocks with 32