Tuesday marks a very important night of volleyball across the bigger school ranks as a few of the league championship not yet decided could be. Colorado Preps will spend the evening tracking scores and updating on what those results to conference races.
Below is a quick list of top matches on tap this evening. Plus there are post-season matches in Class 1A.
- District 3 Results:
- South Baca edged Kim 3-1 – Patriots advance to championship round on Saturday
- District 4 Results:
- Fleming and Weldon Valley advanced from Pool Aand will next play on Saturday against winners of Pool B which will be played on Thursday. Fleming won the head-to-head matchup against Weldon Valley (3-0) so the Wildcats will be the #1 seed and the Warriors #3 in the championship
- District 5 Results: Three winners advance to regionals and will play pool matches on Thursday to determine seed order
- Haxtun knocks off Stratton/Liberty 3-1
- Otis beat Lone Star 3-0
- Idalia topped Flagler/Hi Plains 3-2
- District 6 Results: Winners advance to championship pool play on Friday
- Cotopaxi swept Manzanola 3-0
- Creede beat Sierra Grande 3-0
- La Veta beat Mountain Valley 3-0
- Sangre De Cristo beat Antonito 3-0
- District 7 Results: Winners advance to championship pool play on Saturday
- Kiowa beat Evangelical Christian 3-1
- Pikes Peak Christian beat Hanover 3-0
- District 8 Results: Winners advance to semifinals on Thursday
- Belleview Christian beat Denver Jewish Day 3-0
- Mile High Academy outlasted Rocky Mountain Lutheran 3-2
- Denver Waldorf beat Shining Mountain 3-0
- Mile High League Tournament / no champion is crowned – top four teams playing additional matches
- Denver Christian swept Highland 3-0
- Denver Christian beat Dawson 3-0
- Union Colony Prep beat Lyons 3-1
- Swink blanked Fowler 3-0 in a non-league game. Lions finish third in the Santa Fe behind Rye and Hoehne.
- Hoehne picks up a nice 3-0 win over Sargent that will boost RPI. It was a battle of second place teams from the Santa Fe and Southern Peaks leagues respectively.
- Faith Christian’s 3-0 sweep over Skyview Academy hands the Eagles the Metro league championship
- Platte Valley has clinched the Patriot championship but scored a nice 3-0 win over Bennett. The Broncos were 4th in RPI and Tigers 9th going in. Eaton clinched second in the Patriot with a 3-1 win at Sterling.
- Evergreen clinched the Jeffco title by sweeping Littleton 3-0 – Cougars play second place D’Evelyn in conference finale on Thursday but neither team can move up or down in the standings
- Classical Academy wraps up the Colorado Springs Metro crown with a 3-0 sweep of Mesa Ridge. Mesa Ridge will face Woodland Park on Thursday to determine second place
- Lewis Palmer knocks Valor Christian from the unbeaten ranks; beating the Eagles in four exciting sets. The Valor loss leaves only Alamosa (3A) and Meeker (2A) as the two unbeaten teams left across the entire state.
- Weld Central remains in a first place tie with Englewood atop the Colorado 7 thanks to a win over Skyview on Tuesday. The win pushes the Rebels to 12-1 in conference play with one more league match with Fort Lupton (Thursday) left on the schedule.
- Rampart and Pine Creek opened the night tied for the Colorado Springs Metro lead but the Rams claim the league championship. Rampart downed Coronado in three and Pine Creek lost to Liberty in four sets.
- Chaparral wraps up a second consecutive Continental championship with a 3-0 win over Rock Canyon. Both teams entered the match unbeaten in league play. The Jags end up second.
- Fossil Ridge completed a perfect run through the 13-team Front Range conference with a 3-0 sweep of Loveland. The Sabercats finished one game ahead of Fort Collins. With Loveland’s loss, Rocky Mountain secured third place with a 3-0 win over Greeley West. Loveland ends up fourth in league play.